Google’s ad format is not offering to expand in the face of users by ever-growing. This means that there are now more ad formats than ever for publishers to choose which maximizes the chance of delivering in the most effective and efficient way to your audience.
1. Web Interstitials
Web interstitials are big and full-screen ads that cover the whole-time webpage on a desktop or fill the full screen of a mobile. They are said to serve at natural transition points.
We, Mahimeta utilize web interstitials from Ad Exchange which we against user experience by limiting ads to one per user per hour, but at the same time making sure of high CPMs are achieved on each impression. These are similar to Vignette ads which are available on AdSense in that they appear between page views rather than on landing pages and although tend to pay slightly more.
What are the pros of Web Interstitials?
* These are High impact which results in increased user engagement
* These have High CPM rates across mobile and desktop both.
* The Impressions are kept at one per hour per user by default
* Very High viewability
* There is a Clear exit option so that users can get away from the ad.
2. Rewarded Video Ads
Rewarded video ads allow publishers to offer users an opportunity in exchange for engaging with an ad or performing a specific action. For instance, users can be granted access to an article or additional coins in a game in exchange for watching a video ad. With rewarded video ads, publishers can get specific rewards available.
The Rewarded Ads funnel usually goes like this:
- Users are shown the option to view an ad to get a reward.
- The user then goes in or out and engages with the ad.
- Once the user views the ad, they are then awarded a reward.
- The user gets the reward and then can continue using the app.
3. In-Article or In-Feed Video Ads
In-Article ads are video ads that are shown within paragraphs on a webpage. When an In-Article video ad unit scrolls into a user’s viewport, the ad automatically starts playing but the audio is off until the user turns it on. In-Feed ads share a ride concept, but it appears in social media feeds without styling that mimics the medium in which they appear.
What are the pros of In-Article and In-Feed Video Ads?
* It Allows publishers to advantage from the high CPMs of video ads without needing to create and publish video content
* Opt-in nature means that users have full control over the ads. They can mute it or turn the audio on and stop it or play it.
The native format makes the user experience better as they are less aware that they are interacting with an ad.
4. Adhesion Ads
Adhesion ads are sticky ad units that sit on the bottom of a web browser as the user scrolls a webpage. These ad units are highly viewable as they follow users all around their website meaning that advertisers will pay more for these impressions.
What are the pros of Adhesion ads?
* Adhesion ads offer high viewability.
* They offer greater exposure to users increasing engagement for advertisers
* Advertisers are willing to pay more to publishers as more impressions are more valuable.
* Users have the option to close the ad, so they are non-intrusive, and users have the full authority.
* Adhesion ads allow publishers to improve the domain’s overall viewability.
* The Ad size is highly customizable for placements on mobile so they can change.
5. Contextual Video
These ads are achievable at the highest CPMs, but it requires video content to get the best rates. It Outstream and removes that requirement, but it tends to be less engaging and therefore it attracts the lower bids. The contextual video focuses to solve this problem by pairing video ads with content that is similar to the page. The result is that there are more engaging ads and better rates of OUTSTREAM but without any costly video production.
What are the pros of Contextual Video?
* The native format and contextual targeting make the format worthy and more relevant but non-intrusive to users.
* It is highly engaging which is beneficial for advertisers as on the very low cost of video production they can benefit better performance.
* Video commands higher CPMs which lead to greater revenue for publishers.
For more information, don’t forget to sign in on mahimeta.com